Monday, July 26, 2010

Green Bean Pickin'


My harvest is quite small, as I only dedicated two squares of my square-foot garden to green beans. However, it's just enough for the two of us, and I bring in a good bunch of beans each evening.

Tonight I blanched what I had and filled a few bags for the freezer. Sitting with that bowl of beans in my lap and snipping off the ends brought back memories of my younger years. That was my favorite gardening job, and often a family affair.

Now I'm looking forward to those fresher-tasting beans when my garden is done for the season.

2 comments:

  1. I put up a few bags from our "kids" garden, and they do taste so good during the winter. It's difficult not to eat them now though. umm so good.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great visit and drive safe.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete