Friday, July 23, 2010

One Year of Postcards

It was just a year ago that I joined Postcrossing, and sent out my first postcard. At that time there were 113,000 members. A year later, I have sent out 175 postcards with 160 received. Currently there are 195,000 members.

It has been great fun. Wherever we go, I try to pick up some postcards, and I have found them in many places....coffee shops, produce stands, wineries, grocery stores, and the normal tourist locations. Even better is checking the mailbox each afternoon to see what postcards have come. I have sent to 37 countries, and received from 32.

These are just a few of the recent ones -

from Eija in Finland....


from Lensku in Finland....


from Andrea in Taiwan....


from Nathan in Canada.....


and this whimsical one from China.....


I try to write some little personal note on each one, and I especially enjoy it when a sender has done the same. I'm looking forward to year two!

1 comment:

  1. This such a cool hobby. I bet you have "met" some really nice folks.
    B.

    ReplyDelete