Friday, August 6, 2010

Loving My Lantana

When we stopped at the Amish greenhouse in the spring, we came across these pretty little plants with their multi-colors, and we decided to buy two of them. I remember other people stopping us and asking where we found them.


We planted ours out front, and watched them fill out their spot, with such pretty pinks, yellows, and shades in-between.


I did a little research and found out that lantana can be invasive and are undesirable in warmer climates where they are a perennial and take over the landscape. Here they will die off with the frost, so I will enjoy them for now, and their ever-changing blossoms. I even expect that I would buy them again next spring!

1 comment:

  1. I have some Lantana too, and the butterflies seem to love it.
    B.

    ReplyDelete