Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Birthday Wishes Today

To George.....

Today I am off to work, so we celebrated over the weekend. I chose a trip to New York City for my birthday a few weeks ago, and his choice was a trip to the fairground in Harford, PA for an antique truck show.

It was a little breezy and cool, but a nice day to be out in the fresh air and sunshine. I could not appreciate the trucks in the same manner that he did, but it was fun to see his enthusiasm and appreciation for all the different makes and models that pulled in.


We were both given tickets at the entry gate to fill out with our choice of best truck in the show.

This was George's pick, and I'm sure there are many interesting reasons why.

This was my pick, simply because I liked the orange color, and the nostalgia factor.


However, the one thing we both agreed on was the Airstream trailer.....

Now that would be a fun way to travel!

So, happy birthday to my husband of 38 years.....who first taught me to identify trucks on our trips up Route 66 when we lived in Oklahoma back in the '70s. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I actually like them all. We had one just like the one pulling the Airstream, although ours was brown, and the door took 2 hands to pull it closed. Gary took off the bed, and replaced it with a stake body that he built.
    B.

    ReplyDelete